Senior Accountant Operations, Colfax WA
We are currently seeking a Senior Accountant of Operations to join our team in Colfax.
Reporting to the Director, Accounting & Finance, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for operation and oversight of day-to-day general ledger accounting and financial functions and will supervise a team of 5+ staff members.
Accounting & Financial Reporting
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy of reported results and timely compilation of monthly financial statements.
- Maintain general ledger by posting manual entries during the month, posting month-end entries and setting up new codes as requested. Fulfill month-end balancing and reporting requirements.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement impacting the monthly close and financial reporting process.
- Supervise Inventory and A/R Teams. Ensure processes and workloads are managed, deadlines are met, and monthly reconciliations are completed. Resolve questions and issues amongst the team.
- Set up new products and blend codes when appropriate. Analyze and troubleshoot negative inventory situations to determine cause and resolution.
Regulatory & Compliance
- Manage federal, state, and business tax reporting for the company and related entities.
- Coordinate internal and external audits (inventory, insurance, L&I, B&O, etc).
- Assist in accurate and timely submission of all annual external audit information requests.
- Prepare and analyze short-term cash management.
- Collaborate with IS to maintain, evaluate and implement accounting systems.
- Process monthly billings for leased tractors, inter-company accounts and agency.
- Oversee bookkeeping for Equipment Division; review month-end trial balance and make any adjusting entries.
- Provide back up and support to other accounting personnel as needed.
- Support Senior Management Projects, contracts, leases, and pay rates.
- Four-year degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration preferred.
- Minimum of five to seven years of progressive accounting experience.
- Knowledgeable of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Detail oriented accounting leader who is comfortable in both delegating and performing accounting operations.
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience managing personnel.
- Accounting experience in agriculture industry. * *
_ _ - Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary and benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- accounting: 5 years (Required)
- Monday to Friday