PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provide customer service for incoming calls regarding customer accounts, resolve inquiries and provide billing and payment information; account balances, past due amounts, budget billing, automatic bank drafts, payment plans and all types of adjustments.
o Open and close customer requests for residential and commercial gas accounts.
o Evaluate credit history and collects deposits if applicable.
o Process name and mailing address and customer profile changes.
o Process Landlord Property Agreements
o Enroll customer in the auto-pay program upon request
· Dispatch all types of work orders for customers (meter sets, exchanges, unlocks, final and initial orders, emergency orders and other service related work orders).
· Process check, e-check, credit card and cash payments.
· Stay certified in Natural Gas Occupational Qualifications (OQ) training.
· Perform other duties to assist the organization as assigned by the Supervisor or Management.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma/GED required
· College degree preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
·Minimum two years of call center experience or four years of comparable business experience
· Demonstrated computer skills in the Microsoft Office Windows environment
· Ability to learn new computer programs and industry related information
· General understanding of basic accounting
· Excellent verbal communications skills demonstrating the ability to patiently respond to customer inquiries and/or irate customers in a professional and courteous manner
· Enthusiastic desire to provide quality customer service
· High level of energy to maintain a positive attitude in sometimes difficult situations (irate customers, high volume call counts, etc.)Excellent attention to detail