Acacia Communications is an optical networking technology company that empowers cloud and content providers to connect at the speed of light enabling them to meet the rapidly increasing consumer demands for data.
The Software Engineer will be part of a highly motivated team of engineers developing cutting-edge optical and coherent technology products. The candidate should be a self-starter who can quickly come up to speed on complex systems and a team player who is capable of communicating and working with system domain experts, peers, managers, and customers. Successful candidates should have exposure to Optical networking technologies, and experience with Software design, development and test.
Key Essential Functions
- Assist with and support the design, documentation, development and testing of embedded system software for Acacia’s ASICs, Optics and Evaluation/Reference platforms
- Work collaboratively with Advanced Development, Hardware and Software Engineering teams on embedded software development
- Participate in reviews of documents related to requirements, design, testing and traceability matrices
- Work with Hardware, Manufacturing/Operations and Customer teams to assist with testing and issue triaging when required
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education and Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required, plus 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 year of relevant experience
- Well-experienced with C and C++ design and development
- Proficiency in Python, Perl scripting for scripting
- Experience working on uCOS and Linux
- Experience with version control systems like Perforce, Git and bug/issue tracking software like Bugzilla and JIRA
- Experience with full system and software engineering life-cycle workflow
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; very organized with good interpersonal skills
- Experience with ISO 9001
Special Physical/Travel Requirements
- Ability to work flexible hours when necessary
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.