TDBBS is based on the belief that our pets are our family. As pet parents, we want everything we provide our furry family members to contribute to a long, healthy, and full life. At TDBBS, we specialize in the manufacture, distribution, and sale of pet treats and chews throughout the United States and abroad. We strive to provide a diverse line of healthy and unique products in the pet industry. TDBBS was recently featured as an Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America and we’re continually expanding.
TDBBS (BestBullySticks.com), a leader in the all-natural pet treats and chews industry, is looking for a full-time Cost Accountant who will become an innovative and effective addition to our team. This position will be a part of our fast paced & high growth Finance group and will report directly to the Controller. Main responsibilities include planning, collecting, and analyzing data in the areas of raw material purchases, inventory and labor. This position is a fantastic mid-level opportunity to learn, build & maintain a successful inventory and materials cost accounting within one the fastest growing consumables categories in the world - Pet Supplies.
· Planning, Studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activities including raw material purchases, inventory, labor and overheads;
· Analyzing data collected and recording results;
· Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost;
· Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs;
· Identifying and investigating variances to improve business operations and results;
· Recording cost information for use in controlling expenditures;
· Ensuring standard costs are maintained, updated and reflect current business operations;
· Analyzing audits of costs and preparing reports;
· Preparing estimates of new and proposed product costs;
· Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services;
· Maintaining the Cost Accounting System;
· Assisting in Month end close of the General Ledger;
· Conducts physical inventories and monitors cycle count program;
· Reconciles finished goods inventories;
· Prepares and maintains inventory reserve analysis;
· Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results, as needed.
· Additional duties, as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Minimum of 4 years of Cost Accounting in a Manufacturing Environment;
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting;
· Must have a strong Cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles;
· Accurate data entry skills are required;
· Microsoft Word and Excel proficient;
· Experience with NetSuite, a plus;
· Working knowledge of financial data analysis in a fast-paced environment;
· Experience working with Finance and manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards;
· Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports;
· Detail oriented with effective communication skills are required both written and verbal.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
· Customer service experience, quality focus, problem solving, documentation skills, listening, phone skills, resolving conflict, analyzing information, multi-tasking with professionalism, excellent follow up and follow-through skills, computer literacy, typing and computer navigation skills
Must be physically able to sit for long periods of time, read a computer screen for long periods of time, reach, and lift up to 20 lbs., speak, and hear. Hand dexterity, and eye and hand coordination critical. Employee is subject to inside environmental conditions. Employee’s schedule could include after hour projects, as needed. No travel.
TDBBS, LLC is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000- 80,000/annually