- Assists in the definition of new equipment, techniques or potential new signals and aides in the development of signal analyses and documentation of these in connection with radar, instrumentation, electronic counter-measurers (ECM), and communication signals.
- Work activities are performed under specific instruction and direction.
- Works in the development, deployment or collection, documentation and evaluation of recordings of new or previously unexploited signal data including radar, electronic counter-measure (ECM) and electronic counter counter-measure (ECCM) instrumentation and communications by use of standard and innovative analog and digital methods.
- Works with oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, digitizers and digital signal analysis software, to interpret signal data, measure signal parameters, describe characteristics, and validate and verify accuracy of data.
- Requires Bachelors degree (in a related field) or equivalent, and zero to two years of related experience and strong mathematical skills and abilities with working knowledge of signal analysis equipment, including digitizers, analog equipment and digital signal processing software experience.
Preferred Experience in the following:
- Acoustic Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Systems Operation & Maintenance.
- Development of software for: real time acquisition and analysis of acoustic data from ships and submarines; and underwater tracking systems or for command and control and information management systems.
- Integrating VME, PCI, PXI and PC/104 system hardware at circuit board and back-panel level, VME PCI, PXI and PC/104 network system support.
- Integrating COTS signal processing components into data acquisition and control systems, including control software.
- Component level troubleshooting of integrated data acquisition systems.
- Digital signal processing for high bandwidth, real-time data acquisitions and control systems.
- Working knowledge of Windows, Linux and HPUX operating systems and software development in C/C#/C++, Java, Unix/Unix scripts, Labview, MATLAB, Visual Basic and database programming. Instrument control via GPIB, VXI, MXI, RS232, TCP/IP.
- Management of system hardware and/or software development including system requirement analysis, documentation, configuration control and cost estimating.
- Guidance, navigation or ship control electronic systems.