Please note the Construction Laborer will begin working on an active solar farm site in Clayton, NY.Position DescriptionJob Purpose
: The main job purpose as a construction laborer is to assist with construction on an active construction site.Primary Duties of a Construction Laborer:
- Works with all crews doing everything from pick and shovel work to cleaning up lumber with hammer, shoveling and placing concrete, uses air tools, cleans concrete joints and fills joints with sealing compound from bucket or with hose and nozzle from a central source, applies coating of oil to inside face of forms, may help set and strip forms, unloads and transports reinforcing steel, cures newly poured concrete, helps lower pipe into ditch for pipe layers, builds fences, works with dirt crew keeping construction layout stakes out of the way of dirt-moving equipment.
- May fine grade excavation and ditches, shovels hot asphalt material.
- May use power tools and other necessary equipment in demolition work.
- Does not ordinarily perform work permitting exercise of independent judgment or without close direction by other workers.
- Performs other related duties
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
- Frequently requires prolonged walking, standing, bending, stooping, and working in cramped quarters.
- Use hands to fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Talk or hear.
- Frequently lift heavy items and materials and/or move up to 25+ pounds.
- Frequently work with potentially dangerous tools and equipment.
- Always wear Personal Protective Equipment. (Gloves, safety glasses, safety vest, proper work boots, and proper clothes, etc...)
- Requires constant attention to safety on the job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to:
Disclaimer: This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of the Company.Equal Opportunity Employer
- Traveling Required (Depending on Job Site Location).
- Frequently work in moderate to extreme weather conditions.
- May be exposed to hazardous substances.
- May work at great heights.
- May work in partially enclosed structures.
- Moderate to high noise levels.
- Requires high physical activity.
Our Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to their race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, genetic information or any disability as defined in the Americans With Disabilities Act, or for any other reason protected by State and/or Federal law.
- Must be 18+ years or older.
- Must have a valid driver's license and unexpired personal auto insurance, and their own reliable transportation.
- Ability to do physical strenuos physical tasks.
- Ability to work in all weather.
- Regular and timely attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Experience as a general laborer in the construction industry preferred. (Please note higher hourly pay is dependent on previous experience)