Olgoonik is an Equal Opportunity Employer - EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability
The Administrative Specialist II provides professional administrative support in the day-to-day operations of the division, relieving the senior personnel of many administrative tasks.
- Apply working knowledge of technical literature and various style guides, including customer specification to documentation and publication standards.
- Coordinates documentation received, including the publication of the bibliography of technical reports staff studies and working papers.
- Provide reference, document delivery, on-line search and referral services
- Directs information services.
- Interfaces with technical professionals in the writing, editing, and publication of various types of documents.
- Oversee in-house production flow of technical publications.
- Track and monitor flow of all documents from inception to distribution of final copies.
- Identify and correct problem areas as they arise.
- Provide final quality assurance check for all document deliverables.
- Utilize appropriate computer software for document production.
- Other duties as assigned.
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must have High School Diploma and at least three (3) years of job-related experience or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year experience of Administrative Specialist I or equivalent experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must demonstrate thorough knowledge of Microsoft applications (MS Word, PowerPoint).
- Must be highly organized and have excellent oral and written communication skills in order to interact with division personnel and other government agencies at all levels.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of office policies, practices and procedures.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Must have a valid US Passport
SECRET Level Required
- Must have a current US Government SECRET Personnel Security Clearance or be able to successfully complete a U.S. government administered Investigation.
- Must also be able to maintain a US Government SECRET clearance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds.
General office environment.