St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
The Director of Perioperative Services has 24-hour accountability for the Operating Room, PACU, Ambulatory Procedure Unit, Pre-Admission Testing, GI and Endoscopy areas. Incorporates principles of continuous quality improvements for planning, developing, organizing, implementing and evaluating unit operations, patient care and staff performance.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assumes 24-hour responsibility/accountability for planning, organizing and supervising care necessary to assure patient safety and meet the needs of patients served by assigned departments.
- Performs direct administrative functions for assigned departments.
- Develops, implements and evaluates short and long range performance improvement and and operational goals and objectives for the departments.
- Implements policies, procedures, rules, regulations and recommended practices and ensures that clinical practice standards are met.
- Assists in identifying capital and operational budgets.
- Selects, motivates and retains staff; initiates formal recognition plan.
- Evaluates and adjusts current and future staffing in collaboration with clinical coordinator and responds to needs of the patients served in these departments.
- Ensures departmental records for administrative and regulatory purposes are maintained.
- Facilitates unit based councils and participates in network councils.
- Enhances job knowledge by remaining current in trends in the health care industry and specialty areas.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Sit up to 2 hours per day; 1 hour at a time. Stand for up to 10 hours per day; 3 hours at a time. Walk 6 hours per day; 10 minutes at a time. Consistently lift and carry objects up to 10 lbs. Frequently push objects up to 10 lbs. Occasionally lift and carry objects up to 50 lbs. Frequently stoop and bend. Occasionally squat. Frequently reach above shoulder level. Must be able to perceive attributes of an object through touch. Frequently finger and handle objects. Occasionally firmly grasp, twist and turn objects with hands and fingers. Must be able to hear as it relates to normal conversation. Must be able to see as it relates to general, near, far, color and visual monotony.
Registered Nurse with current license to practice in the state of New Jersey. Bachelor in Nursing preferred upon hire or at time of promotion. Master's degree in Nursing or related health care field preferred or to be attained within 5 years (progression toward goal will be evaluated annually).
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of three (3) years of related clinical experience with demonstrated leadership abilities required. Sound clinical knowledge in area to be managed. Strong interpersonal skills. Current BLS certification. Basic computer skills.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!
St. Luke's University Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.